Library Media Center
It is the mission of San Gabriel Unified to provide strong library programs that help students learn and apply 21st century skills, research effectively, and become productive digital citizens who are lifelong learners.
Our library is here for the entire school community of students and staff to browse and check-out books. In our collection you will find picture books, leveled readers, graphic novels, manga, fiction non-fiction, foreign language, biographies and more. You can look for a book at home, click to browse the online catalog.
About the library
Jefferson Middle School library is run by Mrs. Dodd. Mrs. Dodd began her SGUSD career in 2015 at Coolidge Elementary and transitioned to JMS in August of 2021.
The Jefferson Media Center was established in 2010. We have over 10,000 books in circulation and with the help of Jefferson PTA and funding from Principal Guyer, our collection continues to grow!
Top 5 circulation books of 2023 are...
- Students can check out books before school, during breaks, lunch time, and during class with teacher permission.
- The maximum number of checkouts is 5.
- The loan period for most fiction books is 2 weeks. The loan period for most non-fiction books is 3 weeks.
- There are no late fees.
- Any lost or damaged book should be reported to Mrs. Dodd. The student must then pay for the lost or damaged book in order to clear their account.
- Payments accepted for lost or damaged books/textbooks are exact cash or check payable to Jefferson Middle School.
- No eating in the library.
- No running in the library.
- No cell phone use.
Be mindful of your volume when speaking.
Be mindful of others’ personal space.
Be responsible for all borrowed material