Library Media Center
The mission of Jefferson Middle School library is to ensure that students acquire a foundation for lifelong learning. The goal is for students to be successful in the 21st century, to become effective users of ideas and information, and to develop an appreciation of literature that fosters the
joy of reading.
Our library is here for the entire school community of students and staff to browse and check-out books. In our collection you will find picture books, leveled readers, graphic novels, manga, fiction non-fiction, foreign language, biographies and more. You can look for a book at home, click to browse the online catalog.
About the library
The library is run by Mrs. Dodd. Mrs. Dodd began her SGUSD career in 2015 at Coolidge Elementary and transition to JMS in August of 2021.
Jefferson Media Center was established in 2010. We have over 10,000 books in circulation and with the help of Jefferson PTA and funding from Principal Guyer, our collection continues to grow!
Top 5 circulation books of 2022 are...
- Students can check out books before school, during breaks, lunch time, and during class with teacher permission.
- The maximum number of check-outs is 5.
- The loan period for most fiction books is 2 weeks. The loan period for most non-fiction books is 3 weeks.
- There are no late fees.
- Any lost or damaged book should be reported to Mrs. Dodd. The student must then pay for the lost or damaged book in order to clear their account.
- Payments accepted for lost or damaged books/textbooks are exact cash or check payable to Jefferson Middle School.
- No eating in the library.
- No running in the library.
- No cell phone use.
Be mindful of your volume when speaking.
Be mindful of others’ personal space.
Be responsible for all borrowed material